About Me

Welcome to my A2 Media blog! I'm an 18 year old sixth form student studying Media, History and ICT. After university, I would like to either become a royal news journalist or a wedding planner.

Preparation for music magazine photographs

To create my photographs for my contents page and double page spread, launching a new music act, I am photographing my two friends duo band. I want my photographs to look professional, clean-cut, stylish and also edgy. To create the edgy link, I will be using several tutorials to create a dark eye makeup look for my models. I will be dressing them in girly but sexy dresses to make the photographs more female orientated and appealing. To incorporate the music concept, I will be using a guitar amp in the photographs and a microphone as props. The background will be a plain white wall, with a black and white rug to hide the laminate flooring. This blank background and flooring will emphasise the duo more and their outfits.


Below is an example of the make-up style I shall be incorporating into the photographs, it comes from Cheryl Cole's new music video for 'Promise This':


There are many tutorials on YouTube for me to use to create this look. One in particular I am using is from a self-taught makeup artist who has found fame from YouTube and is now incredibly successful, with a iPhone application, book and make-up collection. The link below goes to the video of the tutorial I will be using:


I may also consider taking photographs of my models outside in the atmosphere of the Autumn surroundings. I would like to incorporate the colour of the fallen leaves because I believe it will provide a good background and constrast to a blank background of my other photographs.